The elopement package at Forrest Hills Resort makes for a romantic and stress free wedding day. The ultimate, intimate wedding ceremony. When you’re looking to do something special and meaningful without the big expense or long term planning you have come to the right place.
Our Elopement Package Includes:
- Outdoor Wedding Garden
- Minister Of Ceremony
- Champagne or Sparkling Cider
- Two Souvenir Toasting Flutes
- Use of Silk Bouquet – 3 colors to choose from.
Have a combination Elopement & Honeymoon!
…for online pricing & availability when added to one of our honeymoon cabins.
When viewing Elopement Packages within our online reservation system, rates with rooms also include breakfast daily PLUS candlelit dinner one night when staying 2 nights or more.
- Price when added to resort accommodations $299++
Pricing above does not include accommodations or meals.
++ = 7% Tax and 20% gratuity fee will be added.
The following upgrades can also be added – Advance notice required
- Horse Drawn Carriage – Picks you up at your room or cabin (or as close as possible), for a ride to your ceremony plus a “Just Married” carriage ride. Returns you to your cabin or room. 45 minutes total $149
- Photography – Includes a digital download of all edited images Half hour/$195 | Full Hour/$295
- Two Tier Wedding Cake – Serves up to 10 – Includes paper plates & forks $49
Take advantage of our 30+ years in the wedding business!
Call our front desk today. 706-864-6456
Lock in this special price now, prices are subject to change without notice.
GUEST LIMIT: This Elopement Package is for up to 10 people (the bride and groom plus up to 8 guests). We do not set up chairs for this wedding package; however, there are a couple of benches located at the gazebo that you are welcome to use. If you intend to have more than 8 guests, we recommend that you take a look at our affordable wedding and reception package for up to 20 -50 guests.
MARRIAGE LICENSE: Georgia no longer requires blood tests or a waiting period. If you live in Georgia, you can obtain a marriage license in the county you live in. Out of state guests must get their marriage license here in Dahlonega (Lumpkin County). The courthouse is normally open Monday – Friday, but it’s important to call to make sure and to find out what their current requirements are. The Lumpkin County Courthouse can be reached at 706-864-3847.
WHAT TO EXPECT: Getting married this way is just too easy! Once your deposit is paid, we will schedule everything for you. Simply put – the minister of ceremony (and photographer if hired) will arrive at the ceremony location at the expected time. Bring your marriage license with you for the minister to sign. You are typically not contacted by the minister or photographer prior to your ceremony. If you wish to have music, you will need to bring it with you along with something to play it. If you add the ceremony coordinator to your package traditional ceremony music, someone to play the music, and a sound system will be provided. Our wedding gardens are naturally pretty and do not require any additional decorations. Punctuality is very important, as your minister of ceremony, ceremony location, carriage, or photographer may have other appointments that day. Additional fees will apply if you are late, and it may be possible that your minister or photography services might not be available and refunds cannot be issued. Your champagne, flutes, and cake (if ordered) will be delivered to your room on the day of your ceremony unless otherwise instructed by your choice. If you wish to have a live floral bouquet, please bring one with you.
WHAT WE WILL NEED TO KNOW:
- The soon-to-be married couple’s full names.
- If you prefer champagne or sparkling cider.
- If you plan to incorporate anything special in your wedding vows such as the sand ceremony, etc. If you have special vows you wish to use please email them to [email protected] in advance.
- Which color bouquet you prefer. This can be picked up at check-in unless it is needed for more than one wedding and must be returned to avoid $150 charge.
- If you would like to add any of the upgraded services. It’s best to know at the time of reservation or at least a week in advance
- Which night you would like your candle lit dinner if purchased or included in your package. Candlelit dinners are available on Friday, Saturday, Monday and Wednesday nights in our Secret Garden Dining Room. This dining room is for guests age 10 & up with a maximum party size of 4. Seating times are between 6pm and 7pm. Reservations are required by 3pm or earlier if known.
WEDDING CARRIAGE: If you choose to incorporate this romantic option with your package, the carriage will pick you up at your accommodation (or as close to it as possible) at your ceremony time and will take you to your ceremony. After the ceremony, it will take you on your “Just Married” ride and return you to your cabin or to the ceremony location for more pictures. The carriage will turn into a pumpkin after 45 minutes, so if you plan to be at the ceremony location after that time, please be sure to have a ride back to you cabin/room or be prepared to walk. Odds are it isn’t that far back to your accommodation, but walking in heels is challenging for some.
PHOTOGRAPHY: The photographer will show up at the ceremony location at the ceremony time, photograph the ceremony, take portraits of you and your friends/ family members if present, etc within the half hour/hour you have purchased. You will receive a copy of all digital images within about 2 weeks. You can expect 25 to 30 images per half hour.